Sunday, January 8, 2012

Diligence? Where is Mine?

I'm starting this blog to hopefully stop my "unhealthy" habits and focus on the "healthy" habits I know that are good for me but continue to ignore.
I don't know why I have no will power when it comes to food. A lot of people see me as a very "strong" person in many aspects of my life. I even see myself as "strong". But why, oh, why am I so weak when it comes to food? I start everyday (M-F) off with great intentions: Protein drink, meatless lunch, glasses of water, a meat and veggies for dinner THEN.......... sitting on the couch time. Beer, pretzels, chips and salsa, peanuts......NOT JUST A LITTLE....GOBS AND GOBS.....Then the weekends....I'm addicted to chicken wings. I can seriously eat my weight in chicken wings! And more beer! And what is this thing I have in my head about eating all of the holiday food until it is gone? I know it's not good for me but I can't bring myself to throw it out for the sake of "all the money I spent on it in the first place"! I need to refocus and find my diligence again! I was so strong this past summer and early fall. What was it that kept me focused and strong? I'm hoping I find that diligence again...SOON. Well, tomorrow is another day. I can start anew......DILIGENCE! No snacks! No beer! Walk! Good food only! DILIGENCE! No snacks! No beer! Walk! Good food only! DILIGENCE! No snacks! No beer! Walk! Good food only!DILIGENCE!DILIGENCE!DILIGENCE!Please find me again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend I hear you all too well...my issue is I don't have time...or like the process of cooking. And going through the drive through is oh so easy! But this past week I have been logging my food on Lose It! (an app for my iPad). It is also a website. My main goal was to focus on eating the types of food I normally like with only allowing my self 3 times for going out to eat. I had breakfast @ Panera on Friday morning and when I looked up the calories for my order...WHOA shocker. We ate out Friday night as well at a local restaurant and then for Sunday lunch. The rest of the meals this week were ones prepared for me. This is a huge step. But one that is necessary. I walked/ exercised everyday M-F. So I am making small changes in an effort to change my lifestyle. Nov 28th is my 40th bday...so I am calling the months leading up to the day as "ON MY WAY TO 40 & Fabulous" Week one... down a pound. Next week I am going to actually work on my food choices...trying to make them more appropriate and intentional. Love you my friend! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete